Time


Today, time has become an important factor. We hear people crying out phrases like,’ they just don’t have time’ or rather ‘can’t make time for’ and this goes on. But in reality time is intangible. You cannot control it, hold it and neither can afford to waste it. But the irony is that it still exists and monitors our movement every day.

There are many incidences to narrate about time and my failure towards it. But one such incident which occurred with me, in relation with time and which reminded me of the awareness I have towards punctuality, was in the month of December 2014. My internship was going on with The Indian Express, Pune office and I had to attend one general seminar cum meeting organised by a local- socially active group. Generally, most of the reporters reach on the right time allotted or sometimes a little late depending on the importance of the story.  The programme was scheduled at 2pm but I had made it a generous 1 hour early by reaching sharp at 1pm.

 (Here, I would like to add that I have been a punctual person right from my childhood and hence avoid getting late to any programme or allotted destination. But when the circumstances are not in favour for e.g. heavy traffic I do reach late).

But when I had reached the spot of the programme, the stage was just set up and the chairs were getting set in an order. Probably the members of the seminar who had also just reached the spot must be thinking that I belong to the same chair setting community and I’m one of them. I was sitting alone with a scarf around my neck and a school bag kept just below the chair.  As I had reached early to the programme I was under the impression that it will start sharp at 2pm. But that didn’t happen. The people were coming in small numbers and occupying their seats. But none of the faces were familiar to me. I kept on looking at my wrist watch hoping the time to struck 2pm, but this was also not happening.

Finally after spending almost one and half hour sitting on the chair one lady approached me. She asked me who I was and what was I doing here. I explained her, my purpose of coming and that I’m here for a reporting assignment.  Surprised with her brows moving up she said, “You are a reporter? But reporters generally don’t arrive so early. You are an hour early to cover the seminar dear. But it’s ok; you can have my number in case you need any details.”  Probably, she had never met a punctual reporter like me before; I thought in my mind.

When the event got over I left the place to reach my office to file the story.  On my way back I was wondering, was I too punctual in my work or have the society become too careless about the time?  At times, we are asked to meet out by our friends or colleagues at a particular time. But, none of them actually reach on time.  Our approach towards time is turning careless which deserves a despicable reply. Then some clever man/woman will say” this is our Indian style yaar of not making to the respective place on the specified time, chalta hai”.  We remember how the senior members from our family keep on reminding us to wake up early and finish the work in time. But this doesn’t happen in real. This is where management of time comes to frame.

Time management is an art and requires practice.  I’m not here to give you time management tips because you can find ample of them by browsing through internet. I just want to convey that time will not wait for us. It will leave and won’t come back. Hence making the optimum use of it with proper management can ensure our survival.   As the saying goes,” Time and Tide waits for none”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

नक्षत्र पासून काढा सुंदर फुलाची रांगोळी| Daily Kolam| Rangoli design| Mashelkar Disha ❤️

६ अंक पासून काढा सोप्पी रांगोळी| Easy Kolam| Daily Kolam| Mashelkar Disha

Can Virat Kohli lead India’s Test baton successfully?